Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A warm welcome...

... to the U.S. Department of Justice. Under new and better management, I hear. And thanks for stopping by. Feel free to look around, and I welcome any comments. Let me know too if I can be of help, or you're looking for anything in particular. Can I recommend some of my favourite posts (assuming you didn't just come for the pretty pictures):

Torture can be just the ticket ... just keep it illegal, please.
The "Ticking Time Bomb" as a legal defence
The "Ticking Time Bomb" ... in theory and in practise

The "Torture Justification" explained
The "torture files" redux
The "Nürnberg defence"
Exporting kangaroo ... courts

A maladministration flack struggles with his PAA/FISA "talking points"....

"Scalia" is Italian for "Torquemada"

Dubya's consigliere knows his job....
Once again, our "Attorney General" unclear on the concept
Nixon redux: "It's not a crime if nothing was done about it..."
Nixon re-redux: "When the preznit's consigliere says it's OK..."

"Sentence first -- verdict afterwards"

Federalist Society star David Sentelle piles on....

"Witness tampering" and "obstruction of justice"

and last, but not least:

Just wanted to say "hi!"

Ciao!

6 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger PMS_CC said...

Maybe they have you on their calendar for a first quarter visit every year...

Still, good to see some of your older posts again.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Arne Langsetmo said...

I got a hit a while back from them (under the old management). But I got three hits here in the last 2 days (the first from a Google serach for "arne Langsetmo"; the others look like they might be passing the LDB URL around). So either they're scouting for new talent for their staff, they think my posts are funny, or they are "interested" in me for some other reason. ;-)

Cheers,

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger PMS_CC said...

Maybe Marty is using your posts as crib notes!

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to spoil the speculation, but I was the one looking at your page from work (at the DOJ). Professor Griffin was my con law professor at Tulane, so I started reading the balkin blog. It provided so much entertainment, that I branched out (at work). However, now that I'm officially paranoid with your "welcome", I will be avoiding this blog at all costs (at work). Also - greetings! :)

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although, to be clear, that was NOT me in February 2008.

You have another fan in the DOJ. It is probably another law student. :)

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Arne Langsetmo said...

Hi Amanda:

Thanks for stopping by ... and fessing up too.

I will admit I was a tad concerned when I saw the first recent hit, shortly after I'd described my youthful indiscretions with building rockets and bombs over at Unclaimed Territory. I thought, "Surely I'm headed for 'SSS' territory now."

Seriously, if you folks need help in D.C., let me know; I do know a fair bit about telecommunications (maybe Kris needs some staff).

And no need for you to be paranoid (at least of me). I get the hit info from Sitemeter, and it just displays the last 100 or so. But any good business (and I assume the gummint) will monitor or log URLs, and will have more than just the domain or the 24 MSB of the IP, which is what I get). So DoJ may well know whose specific computer visited what and when (and that includes not only subversive stuff like my site, but all sites).

And once again, welcome to my humble abode.

Ciao,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home