Friday, March 14, 2008

Imagine my surprise

Why don't you just pretend to be trying to pick my pocket, and I'll just pretend to be surprised?

The Rethuglicans demanded a "Sooper-Dooper Tippy-Toppy Hush-Hush Secret" House session, so they could discuss the House FISA amendment bill (more hilarity here from dday at Hulaballoo).

So what happened (outside of the Rethuglicans getting their keister kicked)? Correspondent Gordon over at Glenn Greenwald's blog has the answer:
From Rep.Steve Cohen (D-TN 9th)

Yesterday, for just the sixth time in House history and the first time in nearly 25 years, the House of Representatives went into secret session to discuss the electronic surveillance legislation. House Republicans requested the closed session, and while I can’t disclose what went on during that time, I can say definitively that no new information and nothing that needed to be kept secret was offered by Republicans during that time.
Thought so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home