Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Whiner of the month" awards....

... and in stong contention, John Yoo, in some silly screed he put in an op/ed in the Philly Inquirer.

Lots of lowlights, but this is real whining:
My situation is better than most, since I am a lawyer with many lawyer friends (that is not the oxymoron it seems). I can fend for myself; fine attorneys have volunteered to represent me, and the government may defend me. But what about the soldiers, agents and officers who have to respond to the next 9/11 or foreign threat? They will have to worry about personal liability, hiring lawyers.

Would we have wanted President Abraham Lincoln to worry about his personal liability for issuing the Emancipation Proclamation freeing the slaves (done on his sole authority as commander-in-chief)?

President Lincoln, I'm quite sure, wouldn't have given a damn as to whether anyone sued him for that.....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home