Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Kathryn Lopez knows what real unnatural acts entail

Sez Katrryn Lopez over at The Corner:
It is really rare that I disagree with Michelle Malkin, but Michelle writes today: “The First Lady resorting to horse masturbation jokes is not much better than Whoopi Goldberg trafficking in dumb puns on the Bush family name. It was wholly unnecessary.” Yes, unnecessary, but the Whoopi stuff was just forthrightly crass. . . .
"[N]ot much better"?!?!? Interesting, Kathryn, that you don't think the horse hand-job mention (along with the other equally blatant sexual jokes in Laura's schtick) weren't "forthrightly crass" if the alternative meaning of "bush" gets you all in a tither. At least Michelle Malkin is showing some consistency here, albeit some curiously skewed perspectives.
. . . On Saturday night, I ran into more than one person who hadn’t even gotten the horse thing when it was delivered. Maybe there was just enough subtlety that she saved the office of the First Lady from ill repute.
If you assume that the Republican base is dumber than a pet rock. May be true, but I don't think so. At least not totally. Not each and every one. Some are "spinning" suckups that know damn well what was meant, and choose to deny it, ignore it, minimize it, or otherwise paper it over, because it doesn't help The Cause for the Republicans to be seen as the amoral and hypocritical pricks they are once again. . . .
Don’t get me wrong, as I’ve said, I would have totally avoiding the horsing myself. Like Michelle, I tend to be a G-Rated conservative--unless I’m writing about topics that would require an R if on the silver screen (say, a partial-birth abortion). And while I totally get South Park humor, the 4th-grade-boy kinda stuff I could generally do without. (My teen love (still one to many a “desperate housewife,” Simon Le Bon, didn’t charm me with his burping and fart jokes in Duran Duran’s Rolling Stone interview this week.)
But horse hand-jobs, Chippendale trips, and little "Mr. Excitement" are nothing to get worked up about? What's that? IOKIYAR?
Yes, I worry about the coarsening of our culture, but I don’t really think that a White House where people don’t swear is contributing to it much. And I don’t think that’s me trying to be hip.
Nah, Kathryn, we didn't think that. That's just you stupidly whoring for the maladministration and trying to put some spin on this embarrassing hypocrisy that they've exhibited. Don't get me wrong; I have no problem with off-colour humour (granted there's a time and a place for everything, but the press correspondents' dinner is not exactly high mass). It's the hypocrisy of the Republican party claiming to be the party of "family values" and wanting to restore "dignity" to the White House, when they're a sleazier, cheaper, and far more dishonest bunch than the prior occupants while pretending to be "holier than thou". It's your whoring here that is really "crass".

You know what humour really did bother me, Kathryn? It was when Dubya made light of the lack of WoMD last year, despite the fact that many thousands of people have died because of that colossal fuckup ... umm, let me amend that ... lie. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home